- Ensure proper and accurate bookkeeping. All accounting entries are correctly posted in the accounting software on a timely basis and closing on a monthly & annual basis with accuracy and adherence to IFRS/local accounting standards.
- Ensure on-time monthly reporting to the Head Office for Senior Management use (i.e., Monthly Reporting of MIS, Trial Balance, all accounting schedules, statutory schedules, etc.).
- Ensure timely compliance/returns of VAT, WHT, Payee (or similar tax). and addressing all tax matters/notices as & when applicable.
- Ensure raising of invoices, computation of revenue details, and follow-up with Customers for timely collections with minimal bad debts and DSO.
- Ensure supplier payments are supported with proper documentation and utilization of credit period.
- Preparation, coordination, and completion of Statutory Audit on time with no significant observations from the auditors.
- Follow up and ensure all annual returns are filed with the relevant authorities as applicable (i.e., Annual tax returns, Annual returns to the Company's Registrar, and all other returns as need arises).
- Preparation of monthly payrolls and sharing with HR for further review to seek approval from management for salary payment.
- Manage the finance team in day-to-day tasks. This includes daily supervision and coordination of the finance team’s tasks and providing guidance to the team members on any issues or concerns.
- Support in providing all the details required for group consolidation of FS/reporting.
- Maintaining Fixed Asset Register, depreciation, disposal proposals, etc
- Dealing with banks for corporate and retail banking requirements.
- Documentation and record-keeping; maintaining legal agreements, regulatory documents, etc.
- Assist (act as co-ordinator) in other matters like secretarial/compliance requirements, whenever required.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Accounting Software
Desired knowledge & experience:
- Bachelor's degree with a specialization in Finance/Accounting.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in Finance in a large Corporate
- Should be currently managing a small team.
Job Type: Full-time