The Vice President of Sales & Marketing will oversee all sales efforts, including market positioning, sales strategies, community collaborations, and leadership of a best-in-market sales team
The Vice President of Sales & Marketing will oversee all sales efforts, including market positioning, sales strategies, community collaborations and leadership of a best-in-market sales team
- This role has the responsibility of the Sales and Marketing Budget/P&L, revenue forecasting, advertising, marketing, developing and writing business plans, and ownership meetings
- Meets and exceeds property revenue goals by strategically coaching the sales team, personally developing new accounts, and growing current hotel accounts in a profitable and win-win selling approach.
- Achieves a minimum of 90% of productivity goals and 100% of activity goals, as established by management.
- Targets appointment-oriented sales calls to ensure a successful direct sales program, in accordance with goals established by the department budget and marketing plan.
- Key Account Management: Maximizes current hotel key accounts by identifying and capturing those that offer revenue growth.
- New Account Development: Captures competitor's accounts through networking, research and reader board surveys in order to target and solicit those most probable to generate new business.
- Plans and implements an on-going Targeted Account Development "hit list" in order to create new revenue and acquire valuable hotel contacts, and contracts.
- Develops strong customer relations through frequent communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
- Promptly follows-up on all customer needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Time Management: Focuses on revenue-producing activity and maximizes selling time by dedicating a minimum 70% work time on direct sales efforts.
- Professionalism: Controls expenses including travel on the property's behalf in order to minimize hotel costs.
- Display a neat, clean and business-like appearance at all times..Management & Development*
- Leads direct reports in a manner that achieves the properties sales goals and holds them accountable to their essential duties and responsibilities.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of the competition, demonstrate a working knowledge of all hotel operations, and maintain an awareness and application of current state-of-the-art sales techniques and practices.
- Adjust the sales plan according to changes in business and marketing trends, aggressively pursue the market mix and type of group and transient business that will best achieve the success of the hotel and support the selling philosophy, meet or exceed the budgeted goals in sales, profit and occupancy for the total hotel operation.
- Yield Management: Utilizes yield management techniques by profitably negotiating room rates and function space commitments in order to enhance the hotel's financial performance.
- Exhibits a positive and involved team attitude to all hotel departments and maintains open communications with all co-workers for the best overall performance of the hotel.
- Motivates, mentors, and develops managers and leaders that are promotable within our organization.
- Able to formulate and execute long-term plans and correctly anticipates future resources needed for long-term projects
- Is able to gauge progress with respect to overall impact and results.
- Is able to adjust work to accommodate expected and unexpected changes..Marketing*
- Plan and implement E-commerce and Internet marketing strategies.
- Ability to review results and measure successfulness of channel tactics including SEO, PPC/SEM, display advertising, social advertising, etc.
- Advertising Content - responsible for reviewing, providing actionable feedback and approving paid advertising copy, display advertisements, and social media advertisements
- CMS - Working knowledge of Content Manager within Marifahinn and understanding of its capabilities.
- Coordination with Sales, Operations and Revenue Management on packages, offers and deals and communicate offerings to digital vendor
- Promote the story of the brand and the hotel in the market, with the goal of increasing the overall profitability of the property.
- Plans and implements effective internal and external marketing plan including social media, eblasts, and all other marketing efforts for all outlets and the hotel as appropriate.
- Coordinates and manages entertainment bookings with the ownership, booking agencies, and talent booked internally.
- Manages internal marketing materials maintaining brand standards with printed and other internal marketing materials.
- Oversee website maintenance and management for multiple brands and entities within hotel.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with community partners, CVB, media partners and PR agencies for maximum exposure for all brand entities.
- Utilize current reporting from brands to drive improved content and marketing initiatives and decisions.
- Work to develop and coordinate on property marketing activations, solicit media influencer and traditional media stay visits, and generate community outreach partnerships.
- Set and manage priorities and plan activities in advance.
- Adhere to deadlines.
- Solve Problems and make sound business decisions.
- Action-oriented and analytical thinker focused on driving a growth culture and continuous improvement
- Demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to influence cross-functionally to drive results
- Delivers commitments – always, established track record of delivering in a variety of circumstances
- Strong ability to coach, develop and inspire team members
- Entrepreneurial, flexible, yet results-focused with a strong work ethic
- Capacity to operate in a complex, global environment with ease and fluidity, while driving and influencing results
- Has natural instincts and insight for finding the best solution to resolve issues and problems
- Finds creative solutions to problems and can see how the details fit into the big picture
- Is a highly capable and resourceful problem solver.
- Highly strategic in perspective and decision-making.
- Recognizes leadership, agility, and performance potential in associates
- Is an active learner with a strong sense of curiosity.
- Proficient in position required media and marketing-related job skills and knowledge.
- Qualifications*.Education/Formal Training*.Experience* 7+ years of hotel sales management experience with progressive advancement in roles
- Requires knowledge of general sales techniques, yield management, and customer service skills.
- Ability to Travel
- Requires the ability to hear, speak, read and write English fluently.
- Requires effective business writing skills.
- Vision to read fine print and computer screens, to see colors, to observe rooms in poorly lit conditions
- Be able to work on more than one task at a time.
- Experienced in Hospitality Industry.
- Excellent Marketing Communication capabilities – with exceptional sense to develop a Brand
- Creativity/Innovative Thinking
- Strong mentoring, and coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise.
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as a strategic thinker
- Executive presence, strong interpersonal and communications skills, and the ability to work comfortably with peers and in a matrix environment
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution is required
- An advanced degree is preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Willingness to travel: